Business plus pleasure defines social media marketing. Social media continues to evolve as a great marketing tool in the current business world and it is definitely here to stay. Neglecting the power of social media marketing means not taking advantage of every business aspect. And with the competition in this kind of industry, ignoring one may cost you a lot.
- In the U.S., 27% of total internet time is spent on social networking sites. Source: Experian Marketing Services)
- In the US, 15% of total mobile internet time is spent on social networking sites. (Source: Experian)
- Social media lead conversion rates are 13% higher than the average lead conversion rate. (Source: HubSpot)
- 21% of marketers reveals that social media has become more important to their company over the past six months. (Source: HubSpot)
- 23% of marketers are investing in blogging and social media this year, a 9% increase from 2012. (Source: HubSpot)
- Approximately 46% of online users count on social media when making a purchase decision. (Source: Nielsen)
Have you gone social? If not, now is the perfect time to adapt.
Facebook: The Biggest Social Media Marketing Tool
Facebook is the biggest social network and it’s the perfect place to find your prospects and potential clients in Birmingham and all around the world. Facebook marketing allows every Birmingham businessman to have a more enjoyable social media marketing experience.
Maybe you’re still on the fence on whether Facebook marketing is really for your business. You have set up a Facebook page already but posting consistently is never an easy job for you. You find it boring and unsuccessful. If this is you, probably you just didn’t do it right.
Here are several rules in Facebook marketing to ensure your success
1. Facebook is FUNWhat do people do on Facebook? People on Facebook aren’t there to buy, they’re there to build relationships and have fun. Facebook is the place where people can interact, share photos and videos of their lives or of the things that matters to them or interests them. But they can be drawn to your business and can become your potential clients if you understand how to work it properly. They want fun so give them fun. How? Avoid hard selling. Instead give them fun content.
2. Keep your customers in mind
Although not every business industry has the same pattern, everybody agrees that you need to build on your customers passion points and interests. Here are some of the things you must do:
- Give your customers something remarkable.
- Post and share interesting and creative photos and videos.
- Post on weekends.
- Make your posts short and simple.
- No outdated, irrelevant, or repetitive content.
3. Showcase Your BrandYour Facebook cover and profile image should be attractive and must represent your brand identity. All information about your brand as well as your URL link should be included in the About section of the page. And, don’t forget to use Facebook apps for a more appealing and interesting page.
Tip: If you need help with Facebook page development, you can just check out social media marketing services agencies within Birmingham to help you.
4. Build Relationships
Auto-generated emails or posts do not at all times work. Your fans deserve a special treat. Make them feel special by replying to their comments using their first names. Moreover, you can share their opinions and views about your products and services. This will help build trust and healthy relationship with your fans. Reciprocity matters much.
5. Less Is MorePost daily but don’t overdo it. Bombarding your fans with too many posts and updates a day is never a good idea. One or two posts a day get higher interaction rates than having more than three posts.
6. Gratify your fansRunning a contest or competition will not only raise brand awareness but it can also expand your audience. You can run sweepstakes, essay, photo and video contest on Facebook. Identify which one will work for your business best. However, you MUST adhere to Facebook’s guidelines when it comes to running a contest to save yourself a headache.
7. Post when your fans are awakeThis may sound a common sense but is often overlooked by Facebook marketers. Generally, if you want a day off from posting, make sure it’s not the day when your fans are most active.
Find out when your fans are online and interact with them. Weekends can be the best time to post updates and other stuff and get the most responses from customers.
8. Don’t forget to have funIn everything you do with Facebook, whether it is posting a status, setting a campaign, or running a contest, remember to always inject fun. This is what Facebook is all about. FUN and having fun.
Social media marketing is definitely the trend today in Birmingham. Facebook marketing provides businesses an easy and fun way to engage with existing and potential customers. When you feel you’re on your way to success, you know you’re doing right.