- Color. The topic of color selection could be the most unsolved aspect in web design. In this aspect, web designer has to make sure that the colors chosen make up a harmonious combination. The colors should also effectively communicate the overall message of the website to its users.
- Layout and composition. This aspect is the “getting started” part of web design. According to Jet Peppers Blog, the layout of a website should be created relevant to its topic otherwise users will have no reason to stay on the page. Generally, clients would inform the web designers how they want the webpage to appear.
- Texture. This is an aspect of web design that is usually disregarded. To our surprise, a website’s texture is what makes it stand out. Sheer importance and understanding as to how points, lines and shapes are used in a webpage. Texture also shapes the identity and character of a website.
- Typography. This is another important aspect of web design. It is the visual display of texts on the web. If it’s hard to read, people will have difficulty in focusing or understanding what your website tries to imply. The result, they’ll be quick to leave your page and go somewhere else. Font selection, font size and font color are vital points to consider.
- Imagery. The use of images on your website is an effective way of catching your audiences’ attention. If you browse over the Internet, you will notice that more and more websites are using large pictures. Images could be the logo of your company, the products you sell or anything that would represent the services you offer.
- Content. As heard a million times, content is king. The information you place on your website should answer your customers’ needs. Furthermore, all information must be relevant and true. People love to read. In fact, they search for contents before making any online decision –whether it be buying a product or subscribing to a service.
- Social and mobile media. Mobiles are now powerful enough to access the web. Take note, marketing is not limited to computers alone. Every mobile user is a potential buyer. Today, mobile-friendly websites are increasing so as a marketer’s opportunity to sell.
Posted by Tarjinder Kailey on Wednesday, March 13, 2013
The web is forever living. It grows. Therefore, it is frenzied, muddled and contains anything you can just think of. Unexpectedly, it evolves because of its aspects. Web Designers in Birmingham cope up with these changes. Why? Because it’s not only the web that grows, but also the expectations of people who access the web.
These Birmingham web designers can not just let online businesses to be stripped off along the way. Thus, they pay careful attention to the important aspects of a beautifully designed website. Understanding that the web becomes an integral part of people’s lives, they acclimatize to the rapid shifts on the Internet.
These aspects will be discussed below and we’ll see how each aspect affects the wholeness of the web:
Defining A Great Web Design
There are two factors that people consider before deciding if a website is good or bad.
- The usability angle which focuses on functionality and the effective presentation of information.
- The aesthetic factor which is all about the creative value and visual appeal of the page.
In order for a website to stand out, both factors should be maximized.
A great web design allows you to connect with customers. It conveys your message, products or services accurately. In return, a good customer experience is birthed. Remember your page gives you identity on the World Wide Web. To maintain a great online presence, let web designers in Birmingham help you.